Joel and I spent the weekend in Ocean Shores.
With the exception of a couple treats that I posted on Instagram, I took exactly one picture of food, and that was at breakfast on Friday before we’d even left Seattle city limits.
Joel: “Are you taking a picture of your half-eaten omelette?”
Me: “No, that would be weird.”
Joel: “Yes, you are. I saw you posing that bite on your fork.”
Me: “No! That would be weird.”
After months of shooting indoors, with 90% of my subjects being my food (and the other 10% being my cats), I decided to leave my camera untouched when we sat down to eat and focus on enjoying my meals. The rest of the weekend was for playing on the beach and going on hikes, taking pictures all the while.
Here are a few of my favorites.