Chocolate Orange Biscotti
In addition to being gluten-free, this recipe is dairy and sugar free!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 tsp baking powder
1/3 tsp baking soda
1/3 cup coconut oil, softened (but not melted – room temperature in a 3rd floor apartment on a 70 degree day is perfect)
1 Tbsp NuNaturals orange stevia
1 tsp orange zest (optional)
2 eggs, room temperature
Here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Measure flours, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda into a large bowl. Whisk or fluff with a fork to combine.
3. In a separate (medium sized) bowl, combine coconut oil, stevia, orange zest (if using), and eggs.
4. Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix thoroughly. You should end up with a large ball of dough.
5. Form that ball of dough into a log, about 2″ in diameter. Place on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Use your hands to gently flatten.
6. Bake for 18-20 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and transfer to baking rack. Now, this is important – allow to cool for at least twenty minutes before you even touch it!
8. Has it been 20 minutes? Okay. Now, with a serrated knife, cut into slices about 1/2″ thick. Place the sliced pieces back onto the cookie sheet and bake for a further 10 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, and allow to cool before enjoying with your favorite coffee.