Cranberry Orange Bread
Here’s what you’ll need:
3/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/2 cup GF oat flour*
3/4 cup cornstarch (or other gf starch)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup butter, room temperature (1 stick)
zest and juice from a medium orange (I ended up with 1 heaping tsp of zest and a scant 1/4 cup of juice)
3/4 cup milk (I used coconut)
1 cup frozen cranberries
And here’s what you’ll do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Measure flours, baking soda and powder into a large bowl. Whisk or fluff with a fork until evenly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together brown sugar, butter, and eggs.
4. Add milk, orange juice and zest to sugar/butter/egg mixture. Stir to combine.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry. Mix thoroughly.
6. Stir in cranberries.
7. Transfer mixture to bread pan. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool completely before you attempt to remove from pan or slice loaf.
*I used certified GF oat flour from Bob’s Red Mill. If you are unable to find it, you can always grind GF rolled oats in a food processor until you have flour.